- Join one of UK’s longest-standing Top Business Advisers and Chartered Accountants
- Be a part of an approachable and supportive company that is committed to a long-term partnership with clients.
- This is a work-from-home set-up (with a laptop provided) that would allow you to work in the comfort of your own home.
About the Company
They are a 100-year-old company that has established itself as a specialist in accountancy, tax, audit, and business advice. Over the years, they have cultivated their values and has worked with a big number of clients. Some of the sectors they work with are food and drink, farm and estates, property constructions, and charities. They provide several services like Accounting Solutions, Audit and Assurance, and Tax Accounting.
About the Role
As a Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for the collection of tax-related information, reporting to taxation authorities at the federal, state, county, and local levels in a timely manner, and advising management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies. You will use your knowledge of local, state, and federal tax laws to prepare the client’s tax documents.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Devise tax strategies to defer or eliminate tax payments
- Create tax data collection systems, and maintain the corporate tax database
- Complete required tax reporting in a timely manner.
- Prepare and update tax provision schedules.
- Update the company sales tax database as tax rates change.
- Coordinate audits by various taxation authorities.
- Research and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings.
- Negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues.
- Research the basis for tax positions to be taken.
- Advise management regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies.
- Advise management on the impact of new laws on tax liabilities.
- Provide support and guidance for junior members of the team.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including company directors, business owners, high net worth individuals and partnerships.
- Manage the tax relationships with clients and provide an exceptional level of client service.
- Review of income tax and capital gains tax computations, including liaising with specialists on technical matters.
- Review of business and corporation tax computations, prepared by our Business Services team, for SMEs.
- Support Partners on advisory projects.
- Researching and understanding technical matters and presenting them in a comprehensible and practical way.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including business owners, partnerships, sole traders and HNW individuals and their related companies or trusts, ensuring excellent client service
- The role will be mixed, with both advisory work and responsibility for compliance
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and a commercial approach
- Reviewing of income and corporation tax computations, including liaising with specialists on technical matters
- Managing and developing junior members of the team and offering a professional role model
- Understanding technical matters and presenting them in a clear and practical way
- Supporting partners on advisory projects and in the implementation of complex tax planning arrangements with a focus on taxes relating to the agricultural/landowner’s sectors, which will include capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
We are looking for someone who has a prior background in UK tax accounting. As a person, you must be someone who has a high level of personal maturity and a can-do attitude. As this work entails exposure to numbers day in and out, you must be motivated, methodical, and accurate. Excellent personal organisation and time management will go a long way.
- Minimum of 2 years experience (for intermediate level) as a UK Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst or Tax Preparer
- ACA/ACCA and/or ATT qualified. CTA desirable (for senior and managerial level)
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- A solid grounding in tax compliance review and portfolio management together with a desire to expand their technical knowledge and advisory skills
- Knowledge of inheritance tax and taxation of trusts is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communicator with both clients and colleagues, both written and oral
- Familiarity with accounting software packages
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- Keen attention to detail
- Client driven and commercially aware.
- Team player with an enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
Filta’s Employee Benefits & Perks
- HMO for yourself (with Covid Insurance coverage) and one dependent within the first month.
- 20 combined SL/VLs per year accrued from day one (you will have 10 accrued once you pass regularisation).
- Additional 1 birthday leave after regularisation.
- Birthday cake on your birthday.
- Monthly Company Paid Social Club
- After you pass regularisation, you will receive a paid early out every Friday (30 minutes before standard leaving time) conditions apply*
- Year-round employee support for professional needs by accredited life coaches & employee experience specialists.
- Career guidance and growth sessions.
- Education & training on how to work effectively within fast-growing, global organisations with certificates.
Click the Apply button, attach your CV, and complete the questionnaire!
To fast-track your application, you may send your CV with a cover letter to Alaina Reclamado at email@example.com – make sure you indicate your available dates for the interview as well.